Here are the most recent updates from Japan and also past on the coronavirus outbreak:
As of 10: 45 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 5 (Japan time)
As of 9: 15 p.m., Friday, Sept. 4 (Japan time)
- British drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc stated Friday it has actually begun medical tests of a COVID-19 vaccination prospect in Japan, as it prepares to start providing the vaccination in the nation in the very first quarter of following year.
- A Japanese federal government panel charged with creating actions to respond to the coronavirus pandemic at following summertime’s rescheduled Tokyo Olympics and also Paralympics held its very first conference Friday, with a strategy to send an acting record by the end of the year.
- In the main African nation of Rwanda, solitary mommies utilized at a Japanese restaurant have actually located a brand-new income source after their tasks took a struck from the unique coronavirus pandemic: childcare Japanese children online.
- A variety of Japan’s leading para professional athletes decided to miss the Japan Para Athletics Championships, a two-day World Para Athletics-accredited competition this weekend break, over remaining issues regarding the unique coronavirus, the majority of whom go to better threat of infection and also disease due to serious disabilities.
- The yearly top of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation online forum will certainly be held online Dec. 4 because of the coronavirus pandemic, an Asian polite resource stated Friday.
- A 46-year-old Japanese male desired about a murder in Tokyo 17 years earlier has actually been detained after surrendering his life on the run in South Africa because of the coronavirus, which left him without job or cash, Japanese authorities stated Friday.
- A sushi cook and also body builder in main Japan has actually been amassing focus for his distinct take on shipments throughout the unique coronavirus pandemic, as he places on a program presenting his aficionado number when handing over orders.
- Former champ Naomi Osaka prepares to put on a mask birthing the name of a various African American sufferer of authorities physical violence while going into the court in advance of each of her suits at the U.S. Open, a motion on behalf of the battle versus racial oppression in the United States.
Japan and also past: Week in Photos – August 22~28
Useful sources for international citizens and also site visitors in Japan
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s “Tokyo Coronavirus Support Center for Foreign Residents (TOCOS)” multilingual hotline
– Available in Simple Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Khmer, and also Burmese, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays other than legal holidays.
0120-296-004 (toll complimentary)
- AMDA Medical Information Center’s “Multilingual Consultation Service”
– Available in Simple Japanese and also English, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays. Also readily available in Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and also Vietnamese on assigned weekdays. Check routine right here.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s COVID-19 details
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government hotline
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and also Japanese, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Available by means of fax for those with hearing disabilities
- Japan National Tourism Organization’s “Guide for when you are feeling ill”
– Multilingual clinic/hospital search readily available in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese
- JNTO’s “Japan Visitor Hotline“
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and also Japanese 24 hrs a day
+81-50-3816-2787 (from abroad)
- Japan’s wellness ministry hotline
– Available in Japanese just, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- World Health Organization’s “Q&A on coronaviruses“