Here are the current updates from Japan and also past on the coronavirus outbreak:
As of 4: 50 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 1 (Japan time)
- Tokyo on Tuesday validated 170 added coronavirus infections, bringing the advancing total amount in the funding to 20,987.
- The well known gold structure at the Kinkaku-ji holy place in Kyoto started Tuesday a three-month restoration of its shingled roofing system amidst the coronavirus pandemic, which has actually substantially minimized the variety of site visitors.
- Japan’s work accessibility was up to a six-year reduced and also work problems got worse in July, federal government information revealed Tuesday, highlighting the extreme impact dealt to employees by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Japan and also Taiwan have actually accepted resume their boundaries for recently showing up migrants and also various other lasting homeowners from Sept. 8, alleviating constraints enforced because of the coronavirus pandemic, the Japanese federal government claimed Tuesday.
- Capital costs by Japanese firms dropped 11.3 percent in the April-June quarter from a year previously, the biggest decrease in a years, as the coronavirus pandemic shadowed business expectation, federal government information revealed Tuesday.
- Tokyo Marathon coordinators are considering the opportunity of rescheduling following year’s race to the autumn, ought to the coronavirus show up most likely to continue to be a challenge by the normal day in March, resources near to the issue claimed Monday.
As of 11 p.m., Monday, Aug. 31 (Japan time)
Japan and also past: Week in Photos – August 22~28
Useful sources for international homeowners and also site visitors in Japan
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s “Tokyo Coronavirus Support Center for Foreign Residents (TOCOS)” multilingual hotline
– Available in Simple Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Khmer, and also Burmese, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays other than legal holidays.
0120-296-004 (toll cost-free)
- AMDA Medical Information Center’s “Multilingual Consultation Service”
– Available in Simple Japanese and also English, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays. Also readily available in Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and also Vietnamese on assigned weekdays. Check timetable below.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s COVID-19 information
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government hotline
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and also Japanese, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Available through fax for those with hearing problems
- Japan National Tourism Organization’s “Guide for when you are feeling ill”
– Multilingual clinic/hospital search readily available in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese
- JNTO’s “Japan Visitor Hotline“
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and also Japanese 24 hrs a day
+81-50-3816-2787 (from abroad)
- Japan’s wellness ministry hotline
– Available in Japanese just, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- World Health Organization’s “Q&A on coronaviruses“