Here are the most recent updates from Japan and also past on the coronavirus outbreak:
As of 7: 30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 2 (Japan time)
As of 9: 45 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 1 (Japan time)
- Tokyo on Tuesday validated 170 extra coronavirus infections, bringing the collective total amount in the resources to 20,987, the greatest of Japan’s 47 prefectures.
- Japan will certainly sign up with an worldwide structure that intends to ensure fair international accessibility to possible vaccinations for the unique coronavirus, the health and wellness preacher claimed Tuesday.
- The well known gold structure at the Kinkaku-ji holy place in Kyoto started Tuesday a three-month improvement of its shingled roofing amidst the coronavirus pandemic, which has actually dramatically decreased the variety of site visitors.
- Japan’s task schedule was up to a six-year reduced and also work problems got worse in July, federal government information revealed Tuesday, highlighting the extreme impact dealt to employees by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Japan and also Taiwan have actually consented to resume their boundaries for recently getting here migrants and also various other long-lasting citizens from Sept. 8, relieving constraints enforced because of the coronavirus pandemic, the Japanese federal government claimed Tuesday.
- Capital costs by Japanese business dropped 11.3 percent in the April-June quarter from a year previously, the biggest decrease in a years, as the coronavirus pandemic shadowed business expectation, federal government information revealed Tuesday.
- Tokyo Marathon coordinators are considering the opportunity of rescheduling following year’s race to the loss, must the coronavirus show up most likely to continue to be a challenge by the typical day in March, resources near the issue claimed Monday.
Japan and also past: Week in Photos – August 22~28
Useful sources for international citizens and also site visitors in Japan
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s “Tokyo Coronavirus Support Center for Foreign Residents (TOCOS)” multilingual hotline
– Available in Simple Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Khmer, and also Burmese, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays other than legal holidays.
0120-296-004 (toll totally free)
- AMDA Medical Information Center’s “Multilingual Consultation Service”
– Available in Simple Japanese and also English, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays. Also readily available in Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and also Vietnamese on assigned weekdays. Check timetable right here.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s COVID-19 details
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government hotline
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and also Japanese, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Available using fax for those with hearing disabilities
- Japan National Tourism Organization’s “Guide for when you are feeling ill”
– Multilingual clinic/hospital search readily available in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese
- JNTO’s “Japan Visitor Hotline“
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and also Japanese 24 hrs a day
+81-50-3816-2787 (from abroad)
- Japan’s health and wellness ministry hotline
– Available in Japanese just, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- World Health Organization’s “Q&A on coronaviruses“