Here are the most up to date updates from Japan and also past on the coronavirus outbreak:
As of 3: 15 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 25 (Japan time)
As of 11 p.m., Monday, Aug. 24 (Japan time)
Japan and also past: Week in Photos – August 15~21
Useful sources for international locals and also site visitors in Japan
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s “Tokyo Coronavirus Support Center for Foreign Residents (TOCOS)” multilingual hotline
– Available in Simple Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Khmer, and also Burmese, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays other than legal holidays.
0120-296-004 (toll totally free)
- AMDA Medical Information Center’s “Multilingual Consultation Service”
– Available in Simple Japanese and also English, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays. Also readily available in Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and also Vietnamese on marked weekdays. Check timetable right here.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s COVID-19 details
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government hotline
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and also Japanese, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Available using fax for those with hearing disabilities
- Japan National Tourism Organization’s “Guide for when you are feeling ill”
– Multilingual clinic/hospital search readily available in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese
- JNTO’s “Japan Visitor Hotline“
– Available in English, Chinese, Korean and also Japanese 24 hrs a day
+81-50-3816-2787 (from abroad)
- Japan’s health and wellness ministry hotline
– Available in Japanese just, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- World Health Organization’s “Q&A on coronaviruses“